Friday, April 2, 2010

The calm before the storm.

Today has been somewhat of a bore, but it is only 2.41, things may pick up. I didn't realise that it was good Friday and therefore didn't realise that everything is shut, apart from the odd newsagents, or kiosk as they are known here. I travelled into the city to try and find the gallery I missed out on yesterday but couldn't and then went for a coffee and it was then that I noticed the lack of people and amount of shut shops.

Now I am off to find a pint of Guinness at an Irish pub I saw yesterday. I know that this is tragic. I hate going abroad and resorting to Irish or English pubs, but the beer here is all lager, which tastes better here than in England. But the offer of having a pint of Guinness is to good to refuse, even if it is an offer I made myself. The sun is piercing through my window like Hamlet's dagger through the arras, just ask Polonius. It is a beautiful day, in contrast to yesterdays small interlude for hail.

For now, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment